The-Dream recently flew overseas to pay friend and collaborator, Rihanna, a visit. While catching the Barbadian singer in concert, Terius Nash stopped through Tim Westwood for a quick Oprah session. Here are five things we’ve learned from The-Dream’s interview with Westwood, ranging from ex-wife Christina Milian, pocketing $15 million for Rihanna’s “Umbrella” and the story behind Justin Bieber’s “Baby.”
1. The-Dream made “around $15 million” for writing Rihanna’s “Umbrella.” Terius has yet to make his way through the hefty amount and jokes that every “ella” is worth half a million.
2. The singer-songwriter’s reason as to why his marriage with Christina Milian didn’t work? “It was really rushed… You have to suffer the consequences if you’re not ready to commit to that.” And no guys, it wasn’t her feet!
3. In exchange for writing Justin Bieber’s “Baby,” former Island Def Jam Executive Vice President Chris Hicks paid for The-Dream’s hotel room at the Plaza.
4. The-Dream gave Milian a percentage of “Baby” because he’s “generous,” not precisely because she helped him with the melody.
5. While in London, The-Dream is in search of two things: his third wife and fourth wife. Ladies, he’s ready to pay your rent “for life.”